Social Media

Social Media is a very prominent part of all of our lives. We know that things are not black and white hence there are both good and bad aspects, which can be seen as the grey in between. Now through this post, I will be discussing a few things.

We see many things on what we call social media, people posting their magnificent lifestyles to stuff like how to improve your health. We see these things very commonly on social media, but life isn’t always as it is. Of course, I'm not saying that there aren’t any influencers out there that don’t try to spread positivity and whatnot but there are still some aspects that are not good for those who see that content. Hear me out before you guys go off on me.

The first thing that I would like to say is that I also use social media and it is also a prominent part of my life not only others. After getting that out there I would like to say that, I am only talking about some cases that I have heard about and based on articles I have read. I have both heard and read things about Social Media leading to suicide and increased cases of Depression, Anxiety and body dysmorphia. Now I admit that I also have social media, but I am not going to be lying by saying that I don’t.

I know what I am saying may seem pointless right now to you guys, but hear me out. Social Media is going to be a bigger part of our lives than it already is or was. I know for sure that my baby cousin whose on his way will have a lot more technology around him than I did. Now I am not saying I didn’t grow up with technology around me but, I know for sure things we see as normal were still growing 10 years ago. For example, I know that Twitter one of the biggest social media apps in this day and age only started in 2006 around June or July. So what I am saying is with the alarming increase in the use of Social Media we should all be a lot more vigilant in what we say and do with others.

Over the next couple of blog posts, I will not only be talking about the advantages and disadvantages of Social Media but how to use it as a tool for self-improvement but also trying to Interview people who have been impacted by Social Media and their opinions on it.

Comments

Popular Posts