Journaling: how to begin

As said in my previous blog post, there are many ways you can journal. In this post, I will be walking through each of the options you have and how you start. 

So if you want to be old-school, grab an empty notebook and a pen. Neither of these has to be fancy or expensive, regular ones should be just fine and in fact perfect. If you want to write digitally, there are so many ways you can do that as well. On your laptop, you can have a designated folder in which you can save all of your journal entries. There is also a website Notion, which is also an app that you can use. This is a website that I and I can personally vouch that it is an incredible way for you to journal. This website not only allows you to journal but there are many other features that you can use, and that is for another post. I would like to say however that on this website I have an entire page dedicated to my journaling. There are also many different apps that you can use on your phone in order to journal. I personally prefer writing on paper so that is generally my go-to, however, if I do not have the means to journal on paper I do use Notion to write some of my entries. So I do suggest keeping your options open

So once you grab your preferred means of writing your journal, find a comfortable place you can go do this and one where it is quiet and where you can just get in the zone. This is something that I would suggest you do however this is left up to you. So once you found your comfort place where you can journal in your desired way, you can maybe blast some music which will allow you to relax and help you to get into the zone of writing in your Journal. 

Now that you got all of that sorted, it is actually time to get writing. There is no specific way that you have to journal. So you can just write down how your thoughts form that day. This doesn't have to be the only thing that you write about. Some of the things that you can also write about are: how your day went, and what you're grateful for. 

Now, many people tell you that you have to write every day in order to be successful at it. Many people start journaling and try to do this, however after a couple of days they feel like this is a part of their to-do list rather than something they want to do. So a suggestion that I have is that you should try to write as consistently as you can and then you could try to increase the number of days a week in your journal. Now, this is really effective to get to journaling every day. Now I know I am guilty of not writing in my journal for days and weeks on end so this is one piece of advice I know I can't give, however, I can suggest how you get to that point.

Comments

Popular Posts